19 October 2011

The adventure of the speckled band


As a kid, reading a book – even if for only 10 minutes - used to be my bedtime routine. I would literally devour books one after the other. Work and later marriage changed it all; I did not need much time to fall asleep. Novels began to occupy our book shelf without me giving them a second glance, making me feel guilty every time I bought a new one. I had no patience to read anything longer than 5 paragraphs…until now...am so glad I’m able to read for at least half an hour a day!! :)

Well, yesterday, I had this ‘can’t put this book down’ experience after a really long time (I think the last was when I read ‘The Da-Vinci Code’). It was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Homles “The adventure of the speckled band” . Its exceptional! I was completely absorbed!
The thing about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s writing is that the character of each person is brought out very well! Unlike the silly detective stories/TV serials, each story promises to be interesting. One looks forward to the logical and intelligent deductions by Sherlock Homles.
Sometime or the other in our lives, we have all met one of these wicked people (thankfully, not by way of crime for people who have an ordinary life). Unfortunately, you can never forget – let alone forgive – such evil souls and can only hope to never cross paths with them ever! :)

Not wasting any further time, I am going to try to finish another story before my kid wakes up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment